If you have 5 minutes, you can practice these self-care tips easily!
1. Treat your face with a nice wash and massage.
Simply grab your favorite facewash ~ mine is Noxzema in the summer, and Clean & Clear Morning Burst in the winter.
1. Moisten your face with warm water and massage the face-wash gently on the face for one whole minute. Enjoy the scent and feel of the face-wash on your skin.
2. Let the face-wash sit for another minute. Hum a song or count down while breathing deeply.
Relax your shoulders. Lower them away from your ears. Close your eyes, loosen your jaw, wiggle your toes. Thank the Lord for all your blessings.
Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry. This exercise is anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes, but it is so revitalizing!
2. Dance to your favorite song.
I always keep a playlist of my very favorite songs ~ songs that uplift me, songs that make me want to sing, songs that make me want to dance.
Pick a song 5 minutes or less, and play it!
And dance. You don’t have to be good at it. It doesn’t have to look any certain way. Simply loosen up your body, move in whatever way you are inspired to. Allow the rhythm to relax your muscles and get your blood flowing.
The right song can loosen up the stress you’re holding throughout your body, and just 5 minutes can feel like an hour!
3. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and pray.
You can even set a timer if you need to. Take 5 minutes out of your day to connect with God. Give Him your worries. Tell Him your fears and doubts. Praise Him and let Him know that you are trusting Him with your life.
Prayer is so under-rated when it comes to self-care, but for me, it has been vital! Prayer is like a spiritual pick-me-up that can reset an entire day and leave you feeling cared for.
So go ahead. Take a few moments to close your eyes, breathe deeply, and connect with your Heavenly Father.
Take care and God bless,